Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

North Dakota Medical Malpractice Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for North Dakota on

Q: Hi my name is Deanna rask how can I get full treatment so I can walk again without problems and pain

I've been out of work for almost one year cause I can't stand for more than ten min at a time and I feel the doctors are not doing treatment at their full potential. I'm always in pain from my waist on down and doctors deny seeing me. Im stuck and do t know what to do. Please help

Timur Akpinar answered on Jul 6, 2019

I'm sorry for the suffering you are experiencing with these pain issues. If you believe that the condition is related to work, contact an experienced workers' compensation attorney without further delay. There are strict timelines, and that is something you should ask a workers' comp attorney about... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for North Dakota on

Q: What if your Dr states in your progress notes that he performed an exam that he didn't actually do?

The progress notes that he examined skin, neck, throat, lungs, heart, swelling etc.. He never left his chair and only spoke to me. Had he actually examined me, his notes would have read differently.

Peter N. Munsing answered on Feb 11, 2018

At best a "naughty naughty don't do it again."

It certainly isn't malpractice. A violation of hospital policy, possibly of health department regs. But unless there were witnesses generally Dr.'s word rules. And if you make a huge deal about it the patient gets a notation on the chart that...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for North Dakota on

Q: My fiance' was slipped LSD without his permission. The ER did not run a drug screen is this malpractice?

The ER at Sanford did not run a drug screen on my fiance' even though he stated he had been drugged or poisoned against his will. Once he was at the ER they only gave him medications for his blood pressure and benadryl. They released him 45 minutes later to what they say was family in the waiting... Read more »

Lucas Wynne answered on Jan 16, 2018

As to the criminal charge, which seems to be the larger concern, the issue here is proving that your fiancé was actually given LSD unwillingly. Secondly, proving that your fiancé should be held inculpable due to the influence of the drug is another battle.

What happened at the hospital...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.