Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Nursing Home Abuse legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Pennsylvania Nursing Home Abuse Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law and Nursing Home Abuse for Pennsylvania on
Q: Can a patient in a nursing home be forced to another room, from a fairly quiet double to an extremely nosily quad room?
T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jun 27, 2023

A patient cannot be forced to move from a quiet double room to a noisy quad room against their will. Nursing home residents have certain rights, including the right to privacy and a reasonable accommodation of their needs. However, there may be specific circumstances or exceptions where room... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Elder Law and Nursing Home Abuse for Pennsylvania on
Q: Hello, How do I find the information about the civil lawsuit that was filed last week?
Michael Brevda
Michael Brevda
answered on Feb 18, 2021

You can find public access to Pennsylvania’s civil court docket online. You can search by party name to locate either 1) the name of the injured nursing home victim or 2) the legal entity name of the negligent nursing home.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Elder Law, Federal Crimes and Nursing Home Abuse for Pennsylvania on
Q: No attorney will take my case. How do I file charges for abuse of a corpse?

My father passed away in a nursing home. Not only did they lie about the time of death but my father was struck in the face after he died.

Cary B. Hall
Cary B. Hall
answered on Jul 2, 2019

Call the police department in the town where the nursing home is located, and tell them you want to file charges.

Best of luck to you.

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for Pennsylvania on
Q: Brother has power of attorney for mom who was injured at a nursing home, he says no case siblings say he has filed?

Case is on Phila. Civil in April 2012 don't no exact date.

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
answered on Sep 21, 2012

And your question is what? If you have found an active case, there is a case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.