Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Mergers & Acquisitions legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Ohio Mergers & Acquisitions Questions & Answers
4 Answers | Asked in Civil Litigation, Mergers & Acquisitions and Real Estate Law for Ohio on
Q: I co own land and need to sell my interests. The other owner doesn't want to sell or buy me out. Am I stuck?

I have a buyer. I really need the money for medical bills. The co owner wants to keep it, and wants me to remain co owner. I feel stuck. How do I sell my share of the property. It is not divided by surveys, one 36 acre piece of woods.

Anthony M. Avery
Anthony M. Avery pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on May 28, 2020

Unless you get the other Tenant In Common to buy your 1/2 Undivided Interest, you will probably need to file an Action for a Sale By Partition. Hire a competent attorney that litigates real property.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Business Law, Contracts and Mergers & Acquisitions for Ohio on
Q: Transferring ownership of single member LLC from father to son in Ohio, what needs to be done for this to happen?

Family business been around since 1998, became a single member LLC in Ohio in 2013 (though a disregarded entity/sole proprietorship to the federal government). We're looking to transfer ownership from fathers name to sons. Outside of getting account (banking, insurance, etc) setup in new... View More

Glenn B. Manishin
Glenn B. Manishin
answered on Feb 1, 2017

The IRS assigns EINs to the legal entity, not individual member(s). As a single-member LLC, a sales agreement transferring your LLC shares (membership units) to your son should be sufficient. You should ensure as due diligence that the company's contracts with vendors, customers, etc., are all... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.