Pennsylvania Nursing Home Abuse Questions & Answers

Q: One of my sisters was named as the executor of my mother’s will.

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home Abuse and Wrongful Death for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Jul 18, 2018
Elizabeth Tarasi's answer
According to Section 8301 of the Pennsylvania Wrongful Death Act, the wrongful death action seeks to compensate a decedent’s loved ones for the death of the decedent when that death was caused by the negligence, unlawful violence, neglect, or wrongful act of another. Traditionally, wrongful death actions sought to compensate the decedent’s family for the economic loss caused by the decedent’s death, usually by awarding damages for the income the decedent would have earned had he or she...

Q: Brother has power of attorney for mom who was injured at a nursing home, he says no case siblings say he has filed?

1 Answer | Asked in Nursing Home Abuse for Pennsylvania on
Answered on Sep 21, 2012
Robert Jason De Groot's answer
And your question is what? If you have found an active case, there is a case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.