Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Juvenile Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Puerto Rico Juvenile Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Civil Rights and Juvenile Law for Puerto Rico on
Q: Is the law different in Puerto Rico on leaving a 16 yr child home alone after school while I’m at work

He is a mature teenager

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Feb 1, 2024

The laws regarding leaving a 16-year-old child home alone after school can vary by jurisdiction, and Puerto Rico may have its own specific regulations or guidelines. It's important to check with local authorities or consult an attorney in Puerto Rico who is knowledgeable about family and child... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Domestic Violence and Juvenile Law for Puerto Rico on
Q: How long does my son's father have to be absent to be considered abandonment, and terminate his parental rights?

We are not married. His name is not on the birth certificate. I have proof he denied the baby, refused involvement, left &moved states during the pregnancy. I have proof that he refuses to tell me where he is. I offered him a DNA test which he also refuses. He has not offered any financial... View More

Jose M. Rivera Santos
Jose M. Rivera Santos pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Oct 25, 2020


You'll have to file a parental filiation or parentage case and all the case related to it. These type of case are very technical, so we advice you to hire legal representation.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact us. We will be glad to be at your service.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law for Puerto Rico on
Q: How do you get a juvenile drug offense expunged from your record?
Naomi Jusino
Naomi Jusino
answered on Jan 11, 2017

It will all depend on the Judgment, and if the offense was for a felony or misdemeanor.

Usually a juvenile offense doesn't affect your record.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.