Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Public Benefits legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Puerto Rico Public Benefits Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Health Care Law and Public Benefits for Puerto Rico on
Q: my grandmother is elderly she's in a wheel chair barely moves do to her conditions and grandfather was her

caretaker. He just passed now my uncle has her but is not taking care of her properly. What can I do? I am located in CT and she is located in PR

Rafael  Pagan-Colon
Rafael Pagan-Colon
answered on Sep 29, 2021

As part of the process to legally incapacitate an elderly citizen who can no longer care for him/herself, the Puerto Rico Civil Code requires that the candidate guardian reside in Puerto Rico. During the court process, any and all close relatives who can be considered for the guardianship must... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support and Public Benefits for Puerto Rico on
Q: Can someone that receives child support from Ohio but lives in Puerto Rico also receive public assistance?
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
answered on Aug 4, 2016

Assuming PR public assistance knows and they meet the ADC guidelines, no reason why not--plenty of parents are in that situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.