Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Securities Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Connecticut Securities Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Estate Planning and Securities Law for Connecticut on
Q: Can my friend regain control of his own money?

He has cerebral palsey but had always handled his own money, maunly stock holdings given by his father. His father and mother have passed, his sister and bro in law now control his money in a trust. He has grown unhappy with this arrangement. Can he regain control over his money, apparently between... View More

Nicole M. Camporeale
Nicole M. Camporeale
answered on Jul 12, 2017

This question requires much more information to give a good answer. 1. it depends what type of trust. is it revocable, irrevocable, is it a special needs trust? 2. is your friend on government benefits? if so he would not want to have control over the assets as he would likely be disqualified from... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.