Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
West Virginia Banking Questions & Answers
2 Answers | Asked in Bankruptcy, Banking and Collections for West Virginia on
Q: What do I do if the lawyer office garnishing my bank won’t respond?

So basically I owe a psych ward a ton of money. I was sued for it. And now they are garnishing my entire bank account. I have been trying to get ahold of the lawyer company to hopefully negotiate to stop the garnishment but they won’t return my calls and their automated emails just tell me to... View More

Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
answered on Sep 20, 2022

Get all of your money out of the bank and keep it out until you hire a lawyer and get this problem settled.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Banking for West Virginia on
Q: Can I as the Durable power.of Attorney for my father ,access his money in his bank accounts I as see best?

I am also the sole.benificery in his will

Ana Maria Del Valle-Aguilera
Ana Maria Del Valle-Aguilera
answered on Jun 13, 2020

A Durable Power of Attorney (DPOA) only means that you may continue to exercise the powers granted under the DPOA even when the grantor (your father) may be sick or legally incompetent. In other words, unless your father terminates it, it would be effective until his death.What powers you are... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.