Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Banking legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Wyoming Banking Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Banking for Wyoming on
Q: How do I get my name off a car loan when I no longer have the vehicle?

So, long story short, I was in a 7 year relationship (not married) and we split up. Our Jeep was in both our names, with me being the primary. When we split, I couldn’t afford the payments because our breakup made me both homeless and unemployed. So, he kept the vehicle. I am no longer unemployed... View More

James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Mar 2, 2024

In your situation, it's crucial to understand your legal rights and options regarding the car loan. Since your name is on the loan, you remain responsible for the payments, regardless of whether you possess the vehicle. However, if your ex-partner is refusing to cooperate with refinancing or... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Banking for Wyoming on
Q: Can a bank put hold on your check you deposited saying possible fraud if you have cashed same check for last 9months

My bosses check cleared his account as always the next day,I'm not able to pay bills or get to work as I now have no gas money ,Iv called and called and my $ still not available.

T. Augustus Claus
T. Augustus Claus pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Sep 19, 2023

Banks are given broad authority to place holds on checks to ensure their authenticity, even if you have a history of depositing similar checks without issues. Factors like a sudden large amount, differences in the check's appearance, or any discrepancies in the information could flag the... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Banking and Internet Law for Wyoming on
Q: crypto currency store or cryptocurrency exchange question

(a) What are the US States that don't require a licence to operate a cryptocurrency store and exchange?

(b) Which banks will accomodate cryptocurrency store or exchange payments?

Carl G Hawkins
Carl G Hawkins
answered on Feb 21, 2020

A) It’s not as much crypto registration as it is registering as a money maker with FinCEN. This is required in every state you move currency in, and it is very expensive.

B) I have clients that found banks in the past but those banks may not offer those services today. You’ll typically...
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.