Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 California Child Support Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for California on
Q: Dad tested positive for COVID. My daughter is negative. We are 50/50. He wont negotiate his time. What can I do?

We are one week on/off. He wants to pick her up even though his whole household tested positive. She is negative and I don’t want her to get sick. I told him I would give him back his time or use vacation days while I have her till his family gets a negative Covid test. He won’t have any of it... View More

Paramprit Bindra
Paramprit Bindra
answered on Aug 5, 2021

1. Try talking to the father again.

2. You may file a Request for Temporary Emergency (EX Parte) Orders and ask that no visitation to Father.

3. Depending on which county you live in you may consider filing a good cause report, but usually filing one requires immediate threat of...
View More

3 Answers | Asked in Child Support, Domestic Violence and Family Law for California on
Q: If an alimony claim was filed in in July 2020 also a restraining order for violence, then the client used his one delay

Due to lack of a lawyer, than the lawyer pushed the hearing back 3 months, from September to December, then the lawyer dropped the client due to lack of payments, the client gets a new lawyer 3 weeks before the alimony hearing, can the case be pushed back again

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
answered on Nov 23, 2020

more info needed.

what state, county, court, judge?

but yes it is at the discretion of the judge...and with Covid, everything is up in the air.

hopefully, you have a lawyer who can fill the judge in on the past history.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support for California on
Q: who can help me fill out child support papers filed against me.
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
answered on Aug 30, 2020

You can hire an attorney or do it yourself. The courts had a "self help" office that could assist you before Covid, I do not know if they have re-opened after the court closures last March. The Government does not provide you with a free attorney except in the case where your liberty is... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support for California on
Q: Where do I go to get help filling out a child support response if the help centers are closed?

What happens if I don’t get help

Filling out the response before court? I have court in about a week and still haven’t responded. I was served back in February but because of the pandemic it’s been pushed until next week. The petitioner submitted pay stubs for December of 2019 and... View More

Chris M. Bradford
Chris M. Bradford
answered on Jul 15, 2020

Call the Self-Help Centers. Many are answering questions and helping people fill out forms on the phone, even though their offices are closed. If you haven't filled out your papers before the court date, be sure to go to the court hearing and ask the judge for more time, explaining why you... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support for California on
Q: I was served an order to pay child support on a child, but my child lives with me

Yesterday was her with in order to pay child support it's dated November 13th when she filed but my son has lived with me since around halloween 2019. It wasnt planned for him to move in with me. I normally had him friday, saturday sunday, and would drop him off at school moday morning. My... View More

Chris M. Bradford
Chris M. Bradford
answered on Jul 7, 2020

If you were served with an order to pay child support, it could be a form from Child Support Services, or an order from the child support court, or it could be a document called Findings and Order After Hearing from the family law court, or it could be an Income Withholding Order, form FL-195, or... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence, Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for California on
Q: How to respond to (petioners) RFO orders Ex- Parte Notice late notice via email sent by his attorney to me (respondent).

this is a family custody visitation/ sole and physical custody battle on going for 3 years. Minors counsel also involved.

Chris M. Bradford
Chris M. Bradford
answered on Jul 1, 2020

The short answer is: SHOW UP IN COURT at the time and place given to you in the notice. If the time and place are set for tomorrow, go to that courtroom tomorrow at the time given in the notice. There is nothing else you need to do to respond. When you get to the hearing the attorney on the... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.