COVID-19 Mississippi Q&A by Practice Area

  • Admiralty / Maritime
  • Adoption
  • Agricultural Law
  • Animal / Dog Law
  • Antitrust
  • Appeals / Appellate Law
  • Arbitration / Mediation Law
  • Banking
  • Business Formation
  • Business Law
  • Cannabis & Marijuana Law
  • Car Accidents
  • Child Custody
  • Child Support
  • Civil Litigation
  • Civil Rights
  • Collections
  • Communications Law
  • Constitutional Law
  • Construction Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Education Law
  • Elder Law
  • Election Law
  • Employment Discrimination
  • Energy, Oil and Gas
  • Entertainment / Sports
  • Environmental
  • Federal Crimes
  • Gaming
  • Gov & Administrative Law
  • Government Contracts
  • Health Care Law
  • Identity Theft
  • Insurance Bad Faith
  • Insurance Defense
  • Intellectual Property
  • International Law
  • Internet Law
  • Juvenile Law
  • Land Use & Zoning
  • Landlord - Tenant
  • Legal Malpractice
  • Lemon Law
  • Libel & Slander
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Mergers & Acquisitions
  • Military Law
  • Municipal Law
  • Native American Law
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Patents (Intellectual Property)
  • Probate
  • Public Benefits
  • Securities Law
  • Sexual Harassment
  • Small Claims
  • Social Security
  • Stockbroker Fraud
  • Trademark
  • Uncategorized
  • White Collar Crime
  • Wrongful Death

Show More Practice Areas

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 Mississippi Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for Mississippi on
Q: Mother is a nurse. She is exposed daily to the covid 19 virus. Is there anyway to try and get temporary custody

The children are at a greater risk of being exposed. Noone in my household leaves the home. The mother is not letting me have visitation due to the virus. Our contempt modification hearing was postponed because of this virus. We live in ms. Mother lives in lousiana. Court jurisdiction is ms

Arthur Calderon
Arthur Calderon
answered on Apr 2, 2020

You can attempt to get temporary custody; however, if there is already a custody order in place, it will be incredibly difficult to modify that, even on a temporary basis. That being said, the easier approach would be to separate the contempt side of things from the modification side, so that you... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Mississippi on
Q: Hospital directing family member with Asthma to treat COVID patients.

RN nurse has asthma and their usual job is in a orthopedic surgical facility. The facility has been shuddered temporarily and all nurses are reassigned to the main hospital to be placed in care of COVID-19 patients. Hospital has refused to place in a position away from contact with the patients.... View More

Carrie Dyer
Carrie Dyer
answered on Apr 1, 2020

The nurse could submit a request for an accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act, requesting that she be placed in a role allowing her to work without coming into contact with the patients. The request should be accompanied by a doctor's note explaining her condition and... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.