Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 Oklahoma Criminal Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: If you are bonded out of jail when you go to your court date can you still get a court appointed attorney?
Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan answered on Jun 15, 2021

This is a bit of a difficult question to answer as it varies from county to county, from Judge to judge (particularly with the coronavirus pandemic having ravaged the country this past year or so.

In many instances the courts have dramatically reduced bonds to get people out of custody as...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: If a person has a f.t.a warrant in Oklahoma can they make a plea and pay fines without going to court,due to a death?

I need help with my warrant, I never been in trouble in Oklahoma only traffic tickets now this felony warrant haskell county Oklahoma I couldn't make court date my father passed away I called and changed court date but my mind wasn't focused my dad just passed june 14th 2020 my new court... Read more »

Tracy Tiernan
Tracy Tiernan answered on Jul 30, 2020

You need to retain a criminal defense attorney immediately. Even if not considered a valid excuse for missing court, the loss of your father is certainly an “extenuating circumstance” that an attorney could possibly persuade the Court (Judge) to excuse and withdraw the warrant without you... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Why is Kansas not extraditing

We were pulled over in Oklahoma and my nephew had a felony warrant in Wichita KS but they didn’t want to extradite

David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta answered on Jul 21, 2020

Several reasons could exist. Generally, when it is a felony warrant and the state is a border state, the state with the warrant will extradite. That said, it could be that because of COVID, a limited budget to transport inmates from other states, or a limited jail space in the county from which... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Due to the COVID-19 can felon request for Judicial review when their 60 months was up in February 2020?
David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta answered on Jul 17, 2020

Unfortunately no. There was an order from the Oklahoma Supreme Court extending all deadlines that occurred between the middle of March to the middle of May, as a result of COVID-19. Because you indicate that your deadline was in February, I do not believe there is anything that would extend that... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: In Oklahoma how much jail time can you get for not completing 18 hours of community service
Brian Boeheim
Brian Boeheim answered on Jun 17, 2020

If you pled to a case and part of the agreement was for you to complete community service hours, and you fail to complete them in the time allotted, the State could file an Application to Accelerate (if you are on a deferred) or an Application to Revise (if you are on a suspended). In either case,... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for Oklahoma on

It was entered on regarding my girlfriends felony Dui-d case. Also ORAS was on there.

David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta answered on May 5, 2020

It appears that an amended order was filed, likely setting or resetting certain hearings (possibly due to COVID-19 and the Oklahoma Supreme Court's administrative orders pertaining to cases currently scheduled through May 15). ORAS often is used in criminal cases to refer to the Ohio Risk... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.