COVID-19 Puerto Rico Q&A by Practice Area

  • Admiralty / Maritime
  • Adoption
  • Agricultural Law
  • Animal / Dog Law
  • Antitrust
  • Appeals / Appellate Law
  • Arbitration / Mediation Law
  • Banking
  • Business Formation
  • Business Law
  • Cannabis & Marijuana Law
  • Car Accidents
  • Child Custody
  • Child Support
  • Civil Litigation
  • Civil Rights
  • Collections
  • Communications Law
  • Constitutional Law
  • Construction Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Education Law
  • Elder Law
  • Election Law
  • Employment Discrimination
  • Energy, Oil and Gas
  • Entertainment / Sports
  • Environmental
  • Federal Crimes
  • Gaming
  • Gov & Administrative Law
  • Government Contracts
  • Health Care Law
  • Identity Theft
  • Insurance Bad Faith
  • Insurance Defense
  • Intellectual Property
  • International Law
  • Internet Law
  • Juvenile Law
  • Land Use & Zoning
  • Landlord - Tenant
  • Legal Malpractice
  • Lemon Law
  • Libel & Slander
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Mergers & Acquisitions
  • Military Law
  • Municipal Law
  • Native American Law
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Patents (Intellectual Property)
  • Probate
  • Public Benefits
  • Securities Law
  • Sexual Harassment
  • Small Claims
  • Social Security
  • Stockbroker Fraud
  • Trademark
  • Uncategorized
  • White Collar Crime
  • Wrongful Death

Show More Practice Areas

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 Puerto Rico Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Health Care Law for Puerto Rico on
Q: What recourse toward hospital not living up to father's living will in PR? How do we take him off life support?

My father has been in residence at La Casa Del Veterano in Juana Diaz for many years along with my mom. Sept 24/25 he was taken to Hospital San Cristobal for problems with Covid, where they were told and then provided with a living will by my aunt. They said because it was created in the US, it... View More

Rafael  Pagan-Colon
Rafael Pagan-Colon
answered on Sep 29, 2022

The Puerto Rico Notary Law, Public Law No. 75 of July 2, 1987, as amended, requires that legal documents authorized by notary publics in the U.S. be legalized by the government institution that authorizes the commission of notary publics in that state. Then, said document should be protocolized by... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Estate Planning for Puerto Rico on
Q: How do I collect my inheritance when it’s been deposited into court waiting to be collected? I live in the states

My grandmother estate was finally completed and told that Judge put my portion of the inheritance Into court system till I collect. I live in the states and it’s a pandemic so I can’t fly to P.R. to collect inheritance and I do not have money for a lawyer plus I don’t even know how I would... View More

Ramon  Olivencia
Ramon Olivencia
answered on Sep 1, 2020

You need to hire an attorney, particularly since you don’t know the intricacies of our court system and you are from out of state. Besides, if you will be getting some moneys then it will be wise to

use a portion of it to pay for legal services. After all, it’s not that straightforward...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Probate for Puerto Rico on
Q: How do i find out if my mother had a Will in Puerto Rico

My m9ther passed away in march and im in fl and can not travel (due to Covid)or get a hold of her attorney down there to see if she had a Will. She was with me in Fl when she got sick and passed. I cant get anyone to speak with us until i find this out.

Ramon  Olivencia
Ramon Olivencia
answered on Jun 1, 2020

An attorney can place a search at the Registry of Wills of Puerto Rico to find out if your mother left a will on the island. It is highly recommended that it is done via an attorney since he/she will know how to go about through that process while making sure to include all the necessary requisites... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.