Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 Washington Family Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Washington on
Q: What can I do to get my son, 12, vaccinated for covid? His mother is anti-vax & thinks covid is a hoax & she refuses.

She is the custodial parent but we have 50/50 say regarding major medical decisions. She has stopped me twice now (during my visitation) by contacting every pharmacy in our rural area and complained saying she doesn't consent and now no one will give my son the vaccine stating they dont want... View More

Zachary C Ashby
Zachary C Ashby
answered on Feb 3, 2022

When two parents disagree about medical decisions, the first step is always to follow the alternate dispute resolution provisions of your parenting plan. This can be mediation, arbitration or counseling.

After you have gone through that process, you would be able to directly to the Court....
View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.