COVID-19 Washington View Questions by Practice Area

  • Admiralty / Maritime
  • Adoption
  • Agricultural Law
  • Animal / Dog Law
  • Antitrust
  • Appeals / Appellate Law
  • Arbitration / Mediation Law
  • Banking
  • Business Formation
  • Business Law
  • Cannabis & Marijuana Law
  • Car Accidents
  • Child Custody
  • Child Support
  • Civil Litigation
  • Civil Rights
  • Collections
  • Communications Law
  • Constitutional Law
  • Construction Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Education Law
  • Elder Law
  • Election Law
  • Employment Discrimination
  • Energy, Oil and Gas
  • Entertainment / Sports
  • Environmental
  • Federal Crimes
  • Gaming
  • Gov & Administrative Law
  • Government Contracts
  • Health Care Law
  • Identity Theft
  • Insurance Bad Faith
  • Insurance Defense
  • Intellectual Property
  • International Law
  • Internet Law
  • Juvenile Law
  • Land Use & Zoning
  • Landlord - Tenant
  • Legal Malpractice
  • Lemon Law
  • Libel & Slander
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Mergers & Acquisitions
  • Military Law
  • Municipal Law
  • Native American Law
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Patents (Intellectual Property)
  • Probate
  • Public Benefits
  • Securities Law
  • Sexual Harassment
  • Small Claims
  • Social Security
  • Stockbroker Fraud
  • Trademark
  • Uncategorized
  • White Collar Crime
  • Wrongful Death

Show More Practice Areas

Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
COVID-19 Washington Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Washington on
Q: Can I take my boss to court?They continue to retaliate against me for medical issues even when they are excused by A DR

I’ve been with this company 2.5 years. I worked 5+ days a week with the “best” and busiest shift. Then, I got covid. My boss continued to harass me to leave my quarantine to buy an at home test even though I provided a positive covid test from the DR 1 day before. When I refused to leave my... View More

Brad S Kane
Brad S Kane
answered on Aug 12, 2022

It is illegal to retaliate against you for taking a protected medical leave, such as taking away your shifts or giving you less desirable shifts. If you have paid sick leave or your employer has at least 5 employees, your short term medical leave is likely protected.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Washington on
Q: What can I do to get my son, 12, vaccinated for covid? His mother is anti-vax & thinks covid is a hoax & she refuses.

She is the custodial parent but we have 50/50 say regarding major medical decisions. She has stopped me twice now (during my visitation) by contacting every pharmacy in our rural area and complained saying she doesn't consent and now no one will give my son the vaccine stating they dont want... View More

Zachary C Ashby
Zachary C Ashby
answered on Feb 3, 2022

When two parents disagree about medical decisions, the first step is always to follow the alternate dispute resolution provisions of your parenting plan. This can be mediation, arbitration or counseling.

After you have gone through that process, you would be able to directly to the Court....
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for Washington on
Q: How long it will take to get non-usa partner legalize in the country ?

I am a US citizen and I met a Brazilian citizen who came to the country with a visa (B1/B2). I fell for him and I don’t want him to leave country instead I want to marry him.

Ms Grace I Gardiner
Ms Grace I Gardiner pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Dec 25, 2020

Yes you can marry him as long as it’s 90-120 days after entry otherwise uscis can allege immigration fraud. Before Covid-19 it could take four to six months for approval now it takes about six to nine months. He cannot leave the us during the process until he is issued a travel document. Feel... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Public Benefits and Social Security for Washington on
Q: after the car has been towed for 45 days, the car has been sold by “Wallys towing”. What should I do?

I am an international student, and I had a car ins Seattle. Because of COVID-19, I planned to go back to my home country, and I will go back to America in next year. My friend who live in Seattle taken care my car, he parked my car on the side of the road, but the car was towed away. After the car... View More

Kenneth Prigmore
Kenneth Prigmore
answered on Nov 12, 2020

Your problem should be dealt with under state or local city law. That means to get the right answer, you need to ask your questions to a Washington State attorney.

I am a Utah attorney. If a car is left too long in the public space in Utah, a tow company can tow it, and eventually sell it....
View More

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Washington on
Q: My boyfriend got arrested for dv I’m wondering if it would be extremely beneficial to hire a lawyer or not?

Someone called the police on us and when they arrived @ his apartment I was packing my things to leave and didn’t want to speak to them at all but they kept pressing me for info and had kinda made up their minds up about what happened before they got there. We now have the mandatory protection... View More

Patrick Owen Earl
Patrick Owen Earl
answered on Aug 4, 2020

It is absolutely crucial that he is represented by an experienced criminal defense attorney and that same attorney can advise you if you want. However, there are issues that you should consider separately and I believe that you should have a consultation with an attorney on your own so that you... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Washington on
Q: How can months after my license was suspended can the state impose new requirements for me to get my license reinstated?

License was suspended for 90 days because of being charged with a dui. After a year and a half of programs, counseling, driving classes, victim panels and fees went to court and had the charge reduced to a reckless. Which then came with another suspension of 30 days plus all of the fees AGAIN!! To... View More

Jahnis John Abelite
Jahnis John Abelite
answered on Aug 4, 2020

When a driver is arrested for a DUI in Washington State, there are two different public agencies that have the authority to control what happens to the driver: the courts and the state drivers license agency, here DOL. The court has certain authority over the defendant and his or her criminal... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Washington on
Q: I got a ticket for expired tags in February. And I still need to pay it but everything is shut down now.

My dog literally ate my ticket with all the information on it. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do especially with everything shutdown because of COVID 19.

Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson
answered on Mar 30, 2020

You can call your county district court and they can look it up for you. Courts aren't shut down, but many have limited hours. If you were stopped in a city by a city police officer, you might want to try the municipal court.

Make sure you act quickly, after 15 days the court can...
View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.