Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Maryland Entertainment / Sports Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Contracts and Entertainment / Sports for Maryland on
Q: Hi! I was given an offer by a music company, and I wanted to know if this contract seems good before signing!

Scott Scherr
Scott Scherr
answered on Jun 29, 2022

You are going to need to consult with an attorney that practices Entertainment law to review the contract and suggest changes or warn you about any issues. You should expect an attorney to charge for his or her time. There are many good attorneys out there and you can look for one on Justia or... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Entertainment / Sports for Maryland on
Q: Can Delaware north sports group at Camden yards take a non profit volunteer without permission of the sub contractors
John Espinosa
John Espinosa
answered on May 28, 2018

This sounds like a matter of contract. Have any attorney review the applicable contracts with your subcontractors to determine if you need their pernission or not.

1 Answer | Asked in Entertainment / Sports for Maryland on
Q: how can i trademark my name for musical business purposes?

how do I trademark my name for a music purpose. i am a unsigned Hip Hop recording artist?

Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
answered on Jul 14, 2015

This sounds like an obviously important part of your career, so it would be worthwhile to talk to a local intellectual property lawyer to make sure you are properly protected.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.