Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
New Mexico Libel & Slander Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Child Support, Family Law and Libel & Slander for New Mexico on
Q: A standing custody court order, motions and responses filed last fall, Judge recused herself. Status Conference3/3/23

There are a few odd things that have happened including motions filed last sept. Why did judge recuse? She literally added a line and stated "for good reasons". Respondent had atty's but they have recently withdrawn due to difficulties between client and themselves. Now a hearing... Read more »

Gary William Boyle
Gary William Boyle
answered on Feb 28, 2023

Generally, a statis conference is just what it sounds like. The new judge likely wants to find out what is happening in the case and which of the prior filings still need to be resolved. The new judge might also want to actually schedule additional hearings. A status conference is usually... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Libel & Slander for New Mexico on
Q: I was a accused of as sex offender and I never knew I was registered without my knowledge Or told .

I was found not guilty by jury. In the past five years I believe. I've probably gone through numerous background checks I don't know why I didn't get the jobs and for some reason today 9/15/20 I ran a sex offender check and my address the name is a little different but same family .... Read more »

Stephen Aarons
Stephen Aarons
answered on Oct 9, 2020

You can get your record expunged from the district court in the county where this happened.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Communications Law, Federal Crimes and Libel & Slander for New Mexico on
Q: I have a man who has threatened to email my boss in hopes of getting me fired on top of saying suggestive content

Is this extortion? I need legal questions answered before I pursue any actions

Glenn B. Manishin
Glenn B. Manishin
answered on Apr 23, 2017

If he is an employee or officer of the company, you may have a civil claim for s x discrimination or sexual harassment. If not, there may be a crime involved, extortion being one of them, so make out a complaint to the applicable police dept.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.