Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Utah Military Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law and Military Law for Utah on
Q: I run a charity for military families. We wear multi-cam's with our patches fully identified upon them.

We work directly with the military and members of my team are both military veterans and civilians trained alike. We have been doing this for 10 years. A group of people have gotten together to stop the work that we are doing and asked the State of Utah to have our uniforms taken off. Like the... Read more »

Mike Branum
Mike Branum answered on Mar 14, 2019

I can not think of a law which would allow them to take action against you to restrain you from wearing an article of clothing merely because it resembles a military uniform. To provide you with more constructive legal advice I would need more information about who "A group of people" are... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law, International Law and Military Law for Utah on
Q: Will the incident in US affect the K1 I have with my filipina fiancee?

We recently planned a honeymoon to Bolivia and we did it for several months. I waited for my fiancee to arrive to Bolivia after I got there, but she could not board that plane to Bolivia as she had to transit in an airport in USA. Customs at that airport made her fill out a sworn statement, and... Read more »

Kyndra L Mulder
Kyndra L Mulder answered on Feb 28, 2017

The incident may effect her if the government concludes that she was attempting to avoid statutory requirements. However, it sounds like you had documentation to show that this was not the case.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Military Law for Utah on
Q: I want to see if I can get extra time with my son. I had to move due to military, and I am in a different state.

It's costly to see him one weekend a month. And if we ask for extra time she tries to take it out of summer time. I would like to see if I could get more time in the summer. My current partner and I have a little boy together and my son doesn't get to spend the time that both we and he... Read more »

Patrick Korody
Patrick Korody answered on Feb 20, 2017

You should contact a family law attorney in the jurisdiction that has control over the timesharing agreement to seek a modification based on changed circumstances.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Military Law for Utah on
Q: Can my judge court order me not to see my husband

I'm on ap&p and ASAP drug court he is in veterans drug court

Jefferson S Cannon
Jefferson S Cannon answered on Sep 9, 2015

Short answer is yes. It really depends on the circumstances and what is going on with both parties. A judge may be stating that it is in the best interest of your husband to not have you in his presence due to drug matters. It is really hard to say more without additional facts.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Military Law for Utah on
Q: Can my judge court order me not to see my husband

I'm on ap&p and ASAP drug court he is in veterans drug court

Brian K Jackson
Brian K Jackson answered on Sep 7, 2015

A judge can issue a no contact order based on a criminal circumstance or a civil petition from the other party for similar criminal allegations.

1 Answer | Asked in Military Law for Utah on
Q: Is it legal for signed military doccuments to not be sent up the chain of command?

I was supposed to receive a general discharge from the military, but my CO never sent my paperwork up and now im facing a dishonorable discharge. Is there anything i can do to recieve the innitial discharge?

Philip D. Cave
Philip D. Cave answered on Apr 2, 2015

If you are facing a DD, that means you are pending general court-martial for some serious allegations.

Yes, an administrative elimination can be stopped if he intent is to conduct a court-martial or other disciplinary action.

If instead of a GD they are now seeking an OTH, then you...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.