Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Gary D. Sparks

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for California on

Q: Is there a separate evidence code for probate matters?

Gary D. Sparks answered on Nov 10, 2010

No, the California Evidence Code applies in probate matters, as well as the California Probate Code.

This answer is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor create an attorney-client relationship between the party posing the question and the attorney who...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Support for California on

Q: Can the state take away any inhartence if i owe child support

Gary D. Sparks answered on Nov 10, 2010

The State has a broad array of powers available to it when it comes to collecting past due child support. One of the powers is the ability to levy against bank accounts. Another is to place a lien on property. If your inheritance is sitting in a bank account, then yes, the State very well might... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for California on

Q: A 612 rule of the court clerk can the respondent file a exstention

Gary D. Sparks answered on Nov 10, 2010

There is no California Rule of Court 612. You will need to be more specific with respect to your request so that we can provide an answer to you.

4 Answers | Asked in Divorce for California on

Q: How much does a divorce cost in california?

Gary D. Sparks answered on Nov 10, 2010

This is a complicated question to answer. The Court filing fees are easy... the "first paper" filing fee in California's superior courts is $395. After that, motions and most other court fees range from $20 - $60 or so. Attorney fees are another matter.

On average, we have found that the...
Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.