Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by John B. Whalen, Jr.
1 Answer | Asked in Probate for Pennsylvania on
Q: How do you get letter of testamentary.

My boyfriend and I bought house together and he passed away and left house to me and in order to put in my name need letter of testamentary how do I get one.

John B. Whalen, Jr.
John B. Whalen, Jr. answered on Aug 29, 2017

Hello ...

You have to go to the Register of Wills and Probate his Will or (if you are not named in his Will or he doesn't have a Will) you have to have Letters issued to whoever that may be ...

If you provide more information on your situation, I will offer more advice ......
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Pennsylvania on
Q: Myself and siblings are admins on my mothers estate.

My sister refuses to sign checks so we can get money unless i give half to my children. Can she legally do that

John B. Whalen, Jr.
John B. Whalen, Jr. answered on Aug 17, 2017

... Hello ...

... if you are both co-executors, your sister should do what the Will says ... you don't give enough facts re the provisions of the will to allow me to explain more ... I would be more than happy to answer if you provide more information ...

... good luck ......
Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law and Probate for Pennsylvania on
Q: My grandfather passed away in May of last year and my father(one of 4 heirs) passed away a month later. Why does my paps

Lawyer want to go through probate and why does he want information about my dads personal assets when my father had no will?

John B. Whalen, Jr.
John B. Whalen, Jr. answered on Aug 14, 2017

... Hello ...

... Whether or not your father had a Will, it appears that your father was entitled to a share of your grandfather's estate ... Pennsylvania has an Intestacy Statute that will handle that ...

... Good luck ...

... John ...

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.