Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Eva Clement
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for North Carolina on
Q: I live in NC and my ex girlfriend move to Puerto Rico with our child I need to find out my rights do I need a lawyer in
Eva Clement
Eva Clement answered on Nov 6, 2013

Yes, you definitely need a lawyer. If you live in NC, then you can bring at action here.

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Missouri on
Q: If my husband died and I can't pay a credit card can the credit card take the money from my social security check?
Eva Clement
Eva Clement answered on Nov 6, 2013

No. In order for you to have a garnishment taken from your Social Security check they must have a court order against you. The court will not grant this type of order for credit card debt for a deceased person.

1 Answer | Asked in Social Security for Ohio on
Q: Can my husband give me some of his Social Security Credits

I have been a homemaker most of my life.I am 14 credits short of collecting my SS benefits.My husband has more then he needs,can he give me some of his credits? I Do Not want to wait until he is old enough to collect,I know that,when he is I could collect half of his. He is 5 years younger than... Read more »

Eva Clement
Eva Clement answered on Nov 6, 2013

Unfortunately, credits are not transferable between people. However you may be eligible for a spousal benefit off of your husband's record. You are correct in that you have to wait until your husband starts drawing his benefits in order to collect your spousal benefit.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.