Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by James Monast
1 Answer | Asked in Bankruptcy and Workers' Compensation for Ohio on
Q: Ohio Worker's Compensation Tax as an Employer

I am being pursued by a collection for Ohio worker's compensation taxes I owed as a small business (unincorporated) owner from 1992. My business went bankrupt in 1992, and I filed bankruptcy and my taxes were discharged (but I don't have proof worker's compensation was) in 1996.... Read more »

James Monast
James Monast answered on Jan 15, 2021

The BWC has an Adjudication Committee (at least they used to years ago when I worked there) where you can present your situation. It used to come up when employers were non-complying (I.e., hadn't had premiums) or coverage had lapsed for a few days and then got hit with a huge penalty. They... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.