Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Brian Joseph Lockwood
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Alabama on
Q: Husband and I was charged with DV 3rd harassment dual arrest no aggressor. State has issued us a protection order.

Neither one of us touched the other we have no marks of the such. What should we do, or maybe can be done?

Brian Joseph Lockwood
Brian Joseph Lockwood
answered on May 30, 2019

You need to contact an attorney in your local area as soon as possible. The charge is of a type that can haunt you on background checks, etc., if not handled properly.

1 Answer | Asked in Domestic Violence for Alabama on
Q: I have a question about the possible repercussions of an "Interference with a 911 domestic emergency call" Mobile,AL

My fiance was recently arrested for this crime which is a class B Misdemeanor. I did not want him to go to jail and expressed favor towards his side on the incident report. My 2 year old daughter was in the home but did not see any of it. He has several priors for minor posession charges but no... View More

Brian Joseph Lockwood
Brian Joseph Lockwood
answered on Jan 17, 2019

If your fiance is found guilty of interference with a domestic violence 911 call, it is extremely likely he will be put on formal probation. In order to put himself in the best position, he should consult with an attorney to discuss the options he has and the best possible outcomes.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Alabama on
Q: My husband has been set a $1,000,000.00 bond for drug trafficking herion and the DEA has never found herion on him.

They caught in back in March with two other ppl. The vehicle was inpounded and the police found drugs in it three days later, non of the three was charged with trafficking. Now they pick him up for UPOCS and took him to county and popped the trafficking charges on him. Can someone help

Brian Joseph Lockwood
Brian Joseph Lockwood
answered on Aug 24, 2018

The bond set seems a bit high, but it does fall within the guidelines established by the Supreme Court for a trafficking charge. The court has broad discretion when setting a bond, and will be overturned only for abuse of discretion. However, the court enjoys both discretion to set a bond and to... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Alabama on
Q: I got 2 prior DV3rd in fla. I go to court in Alabama and scared they going to revoke bond cause I missed 2nd court date

My bondsman new I work all over the USA and a warrant had been issued. My bondsman wants me to come met him at office and get me in front of judge and ple out. If I go and plea notguilty, im scared my bond going to b revoked. If I plea guilty this will b the num 3. Witch makes it a felony. What do... View More

Brian Joseph Lockwood
Brian Joseph Lockwood
answered on Oct 16, 2017

You need to appear in court with an attorney, not a bondsman. At a minimum, you should consult with an attorney immediately. Ideally, find someone in the county where you have Court.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.