Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Amy Turos
2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning for Ohio on
Q: My x=husband passed away and everything has been put in a trust. His biological daughter is not listed in the will.

His lawyer has sent her papers to sign saying she will not challenge the will. We don't know who is listed on the trust. Can she challenge the will and is she entitled to 1/2 of everything?

Amy Turos
Amy Turos
answered on Apr 18, 2020

There are very strict time restrictions if you wish to contest a Will. Its best to seek a legal consultation immediately.

Per Ohio Revised Code:

2107.76 Will contest action - time limits.

No person who has received or waived the right to receive the notice of the...
View More

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Divorce, Family Law and Tax Law for Ohio on
Q: I have sole Custody of my 6 children. Ex has limited visitation due to DV.

Per our divorce order he is able to claim 3 kids for taxes. What happens to the kids stimulus checks? They solely live with me and I provide all support.

Amy Turos
Amy Turos
answered on Apr 14, 2020

This is such a new issue that the Courts are trying to figure this issue out right now. It really depends if he is behind on child support. If he claimed the 3 kids this year he may get the money. If I were you I would file a motion with the Court requesting allocation of the stimulus money if he... View More

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Ohio on
Q: I divorced my ex 4 years ago. I have a car financed in both our names that I just paid off. How do I take him off title?

I have it included in our divorce decree that I will be getting my car free of his claim. However, we never refinanced at that time. I have been making all payments myself for 4.5 years. Now that I have paid it off, I got a letter from the bank that the lien has been released, and I am not sure how... View More

Amy Turos
Amy Turos
answered on Apr 13, 2020

The first thing I always advise my clients is to review your divorce decree. If you don't have a copy you can always call the clerk of courts office in which County you obtained your divorce.

I do not have a copy your divorce decree so I'm making assumptions. If you were awarded...
View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.