Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Autumn Warner

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for Florida on

Q: I am asking for temporary relief to be able to see my 1 year old son, Will the court let me see him?

My husband and I got into a verbal fight and it ended with him calling me a sh**** mom and I punched him in the leg. I went to jail, since then the case has been dropped and I have been going to domestic violence counseling and therapy on my own accord. I am sorry for my actions, I miss my son very... Read more »

Autumn Warner answered on Aug 24, 2016

If your attorney has made a motion for the temporary relief and requested that you be awarded temporary timesharing with your child, the motion must be called up for a hearing. Each case is unique and while its important that you speak with your attorney about the likelihood of you being awarded... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Florida on

Q: final judgement for child support was based on minimum wages for the state of Fl, 3 months missed since. what is next?

is it possible to file a motion for contempt? guidance?

Autumn Warner answered on Aug 24, 2016

Your first step would be to file a Motion for Contempt regarding the missed payments and any other obligations he has not maintained via the order. When filing a Motion for Contempt, it is important to state particularly how the other party is in contempt. You may find it beneficial to seek the... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Florida on

Q: Family law halfway threw establishing paternity she says hes not mine

She won't let me see my boy so I filed motion to establish paternity doing good so far alone agenst her lawyer I'm proud of my progress although we have mediation in a month and now she's saying he's not my child but won't consent to a DNA test outside of court what do I do if he's not mine am I... Read more »

Autumn Warner answered on Aug 24, 2016

While it is wonderful that you have made huge progress in this case on your own, it may be time to hire an attorney who has experience in this area. You should motion to court and request a DNA test. If the court orders the DNA test the mother of the child will be ordered by the court to submit the... Read more »

View More Answers

4 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Florida on

Q: My son is 23 and has 7 children. He still lives in my home without a job. As his mother am I responsible for paying it?

Autumn Warner answered on Aug 24, 2016

The responsibility for supporting the your son's children rests on your son and the children's mother. In a few circumstances, mainly if you adopted the children, or somehow contracted to support the children, you would have a support obligation for the children.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.