Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Michael Ferrin

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Florida on

Q: Uncontested divorce, no children, nothing together. He lives in GA I'm in FL 2+yrs. Do I have to make court appearance?

He has already agreed to the divorce. Can I get it done without us having to do a court appearance?

Michael Ferrin answered on Mar 7, 2019

It depends on the county where you are filing the divorce. In some counties, when an uncontested divorce is filed, the court will allow you to just mail in the final judgment and the judge will sign it. In most cases the court will require you, as the petitioner to attend at least one final hearing.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Florida on

Q: Is it possible to have divorce papers drawn up without going to court?

I want to file for a divorce from my husband of 4 years. We have a 6 year old daughter, no assets or property together. I just want out. No big drawn out battle. Not seeking for sole custody just joint custody.

Michael Ferrin answered on Feb 9, 2019

It is possible that you would be able to have all the paperwork signed and filed with the courts and the order submitted without you having to actually attend a hearing. It depends on the county and making sure all the necessary paperwork is completed from both parties.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.