Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Trent West
2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents for Illinois on
Q: What legal options do I have if I don't know what other car caused my accident? I blacked out.
Trent West
Trent West answered on Sep 9, 2018

If you have no way of finding out the vehicle that caused the wreck, you are most likely stuck with filing the claim with your own insurance company. If there was a police report, there may be information on it about the other driver. I recommend requesting the report from the police agency that... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents, Criminal Law and Traffic Tickets for Illinois on
Q: I believe I have conflict of interest with my states attorney. I was involved in a accident with him

He has put his assistant on my case would that still be conflict of interest?

Trent West
Trent West answered on Sep 9, 2018

Most likely not but it will depend on what happened in that wreck with him and how much oversight he has on the case. If you feel you are being mistreated as a result, you can bring it up to the judge or your defense attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support and Family Law for Illinois on
Q: If my boyfriend is paying me child support and we get married will it stop ?
Trent West
Trent West answered on Sep 9, 2018

The child support will not automatically stop. You have to seek a court order terminating the child support. If his support is coming out his check, a notice terminating the child support withholding needs to go to his employer after the court terminates the support.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.