Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Sara L Bloom
1 Answer | Asked in Employment Discrimination and Employment Law for Alaska on
Q: Located in Alaska-I work at a union Safeway location. I am 8 months pregnant. I have accommodations in place for a stool

I have had reduced hours for the last several months. My store is currently stating that I cannot work at self checkout due to my stool as it is a "tripping hazard". Are they legally allowed to claim this and use the stool accommodation as a reason for not being scheduled for this... View More

Sara L Bloom
Sara L Bloom
answered on Jan 2, 2024

I would speak to your union if your company is violating the CBA by violating seniority rights. You may also want to contact the Anchorage Equal Rights Commission and/or the Alaska State Commission for Human Rights or EEOC and file a claim for discrimination based on pregnancy or sex. You can... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Workers' Compensation for Alaska on
Q: what does AS.23.30.015(g) mean to an employee?
Sara L Bloom
Sara L Bloom
answered on Nov 2, 2023

For example, you are in an accident with another driver unrelated to your employment, who is liable for the accident while you were on the clock with your employer. As a result of being on the clock, you filed for Worker’s Compensation and you received benefits under Worker’s Comp. You then... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Energy, Oil and Gas for Alaska on
Q: Have cases to rescind a Separation Agreement been won in Alaska, and how would I request public information to review?

First, I am aware that Alaska is an At Will State. Second, I would like to know if there have been any cases in Alaska where a Separation Agreement rescind was granted. If so, how would I go about requesting to review any public information of the case? My husband received a Separation Agreement... View More

Sara L Bloom
Sara L Bloom
answered on Jun 11, 2024

If you are over 40 you have 7 days to revoke the separation agreement per the Older Workers Benefit Protection Act.

You can contact me directly to set up a consultation- however, I do charge $300 for an up to an hour phone consult.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.