Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Marco Cepeda
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Support for Texas on
Q: Do I have any other options for me ex in arrears $13,000 & attorney general not being very helpful?

Ex-husband doesn't see our child nor does he pay the court ordered amount he is supposed to. Everytime I call the attorney general, they send out late payment letters but enforcement is never followed through(i.e. court date). They also state since he is making "some" payments - $12 here and there... Read more »

Marco Cepeda
Marco Cepeda answered on Jan 8, 2018

The AG's office is typically over worked and under staffed. If you wish to expedite the process, consult with a family law attorney and they should be able to file a motion to enforce the child support and set a court date.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Texas on
Q: My husband does not get to see his children what can we do?

He hasn't seen his children in over 3years. They refuse to let him keep them over night and he is only allowed to see his children at the mothers convenience and he can only see the children why she supervises. He does pay child support. The Oldest child needs a DNA test due to the situation of the... Read more »

Marco Cepeda
Marco Cepeda answered on Jan 8, 2018

You should contact a family attorney to look at the case. If there are orders in place for supervised visitation, you can try and file a petition to modify visitation and access. You would need to show the family law attorney the prior orders.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.