Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Roxann Pais Cotroneo

1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for Texas on

Q: Am I allowed to film public town meetings on my cell phone?

Roxann Pais Cotroneo answered on Apr 29, 2018

Under Texas Government Code Section 551.023, a person in attendance may record all or any part of an open meeting by means of a recorder, video camera or other aural or visual reproduction. The governmental body may adopt reasonable rules to maintain order in a meeting including rules relating to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Texas on

Q: I payed a ticket with deferred adjudication two months ago but received a letter about it.

The letter asked me to appear for a show cause hearing but I payed for my ticket with my defferred adjunction. The letter even says “BALANCE DUE: $.00”. What exactly happened and how do I fix it?

Roxann Pais Cotroneo answered on Apr 29, 2018

You need to immediately contact the Court Clerk and ask them. There may a problem with their court software. Be prepared to show payment proof within the ordered time period to the Court Clerk or the Judge. Do not ignore this notice. If you do not resolve this issue before or on your show cause... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Texas on

Q: i am 17 and got a citations for failure to yield right of way and violate cdl restrictions

txtrc 521.221 and citation txtrc 545.151

So I have to pay the ticket or can I do defensive driving course ?

Roxann Pais Cotroneo answered on Apr 29, 2018

In Texasm CDL drivers are not eligible to take a deferred adjudication or a defensive driving course. You will need to hire an attorney to protect your procedural due process rights. Here is a link about CDL disqualifications:... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Texas on

Q: Can I get a speeding ticket when I only have my permit?

I am 19, and I was supposedly going 17 over the speed (77 in a 60) and there wasn't a sign posted to show the speed when I merged on to the road and didn't see one once I got pulled over. I swear I thought it was 70, but since I thought it was, yes, I was still going 77 without noticing. I only... Read more »

Roxann Pais Cotroneo answered on Apr 29, 2018

You must contact the court and enter a plea. You may plea "guilty, no contest, or not guilty". To keep this citation off your driving records, you need to ask the court for deferred adjudication, which will require you to pay a certain amount of money within a specified time period and not commit... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.