Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Ian M. Seruelo
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Immigration Law for California on
Q: Question about I 864 affidavit of support

I have a quick question that I’m having trouble with. I petitioned for my husband and our I 130 got approved now I have to file an I 864 but my concern is that I was also previously married to my ex husband and petitioned for him back in 2015 and also filed an I 864 for him back then with a joint... View More

Ian M. Seruelo
Ian M. Seruelo
answered on May 5, 2020

If any of the following is true, then you do not need to include him:

If he...

a. Became a US citizen, or

b. Has worked, or can be credited with, 40 qualifying quarters of Social security earnings, or

c. No longer has lawful permanent resident status and has...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law and Immigration Law for New York on
Q: Pls help with e- 9 verification details. My job gonna terminate me

I have been granted asylum with an I 94 that says asylum granted indefinitely. My work permit is expiring and I couldnt renew it because of the pandemic. My employer said that I need to submit new e9 employee verification to continue working. Uscis website say I dont need work permit coz of asylee... View More

Ian M. Seruelo
Ian M. Seruelo
answered on May 5, 2020

An employee can present a List A document OR a combination of List B and C documents. Your EAD card is a List A document. Without it you can present a combination of List B and C documents. So you can present you Drivers License (List B document) and your Social Security Card (List C document).... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Immigration Law for California on
Q: Can a U.S. Citizen Abroad be deported for having a criminal record?

My son was born in Mexico. I was born in California. He became U.S. Citizen Abroad through me at age 3. He has been convicted of a felony and now ICE has put a hold on him for when he gets release in June.

I want to know if he can get deported or if not how can I prove his citizenship to... View More

Ian M. Seruelo
Ian M. Seruelo
answered on May 5, 2020

If he is able to prove that he is a US Citizen, then he could not be deported. Though there may not be enough time to apply for the Certificate of Citizenship for him if he transferred to ICE custody in June. But its good to have that process started right way. Please consult an immigration... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.