Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Heather Lee Mayer
2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Florida on
Q: Someone is making false accusations of a “physical argument “, telling me I WILL be sent to jail .What to do next ?

Recently got into a verbal dispute with my partners ex wife .

A few hours after this altercation a received a call from a cop .

He asked me for my side of the story , then he proceeded to tell that everything was okay and I was in no risk of getting arrested at that moment .... View More

Heather Lee Mayer
Heather Lee Mayer
answered on Oct 1, 2019

I would suggest that you set up a formal interview with the officer that has been in touch with you and have an attorney present on your behalf when you make your statement. If you come off as truthful during your interview, you should not have anything to worry about, despite what your ex... View More

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law for Florida on
Q: Can a Florida prisoner married to a women in France file a simplified petition for dissolution of marriage?

The divorce will not be contested. There is no children and no property, no alimony. The prisoner might not be able to locate the wife.

The requirement of the simplified divorce is that husband and wife must appear at the hearing. However, a prisoner cannot do this and the wife will not... View More

Heather Lee Mayer
Heather Lee Mayer
answered on Feb 13, 2019

A simplified divorce cannot be filed in this matter. If both parties cannot appear together to sign and file the simplified at the courthouse, and both appear at the final hearing, a simplified is not appropriate. The person would need to file a regular dissolution of marriage petition, have the... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support, Divorce and Family Law for Florida on
Q: Divorce needed. The couple has been separated for 18 years, the child is almost 21, back child support is being paid

which is out of this world. The couples now adult child doesn't and hasn't lived with her for quite some time now. She claimed the child all these years on her taxes never allowing the father to claim him resulting in the back support never getting reduced. And the child doesn't see... View More

Heather Lee Mayer
Heather Lee Mayer
answered on Feb 5, 2019

Yes, you could be assisted with this but more information would be necessary. If you would like to schedule a complimentary consultation with my office feel free to call (904) 330-0289 or email us at

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.