Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Sholeh Iravantchi
1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law for California on
Q: Want to marry my fiance who is currently at a immigration detention facility, how can i marry him?

Might not help his case but we've been planning marriage way before any of this happened im also currently 3 months pregnant. We want to marry ASAP if thats possible!

Sholeh Iravantchi
Sholeh Iravantchi
answered on Apr 18, 2017

I need to get more information as to his detention in order to determine if he can get a bond hearing. Please contact my office for free consultation so I can provide you with better response.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI and Immigration Law for California on
Q: Fiance is in a detention facility has a DUI can he get deported for that?
Sholeh Iravantchi
Sholeh Iravantchi
answered on Apr 14, 2017

That depends upon his prior criminal record. Need more information regarding his record in order to respond.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for California on
Q: with no prior of ever being in trouble, How likely is she going to be able to reduce a 243b charge or get it dropped?

My fiancé and I were horsing/messing around at a concert over the weekend in Califronia. Apparently someone saw us and claimed I hit her. The person made a report that I hit my fiancé. Long story short they arrested me and in the process ended up pushing my fiancé away and tackling her down and... View More

Sholeh Iravantchi
Sholeh Iravantchi
answered on Sep 9, 2016

No one can respond to your question with yes or no! We need to read the police report or any other evidence that is presented against your fiance. Frankly, there are many other factors that can play a role with regards to end result of a case.

1 Answer | Asked in Immigration Law and Criminal Law for California on
Q: Is there hope of returning to the US after deportation for Felony Grand theft sentenced 365 with prop 47

Was a permanent resident with strong family ties in the US.

Sholeh Iravantchi
Sholeh Iravantchi
answered on Sep 7, 2016

It would be advisable to see if that conviction could be modified. If so, then it would assist your effort in re-opening the case.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Personal Injury for California on
Q: Got hit in face with a stick by a employee at gas station and accused me of stealing, what now
Sholeh Iravantchi
Sholeh Iravantchi
answered on Sep 6, 2016

Did employee called the police? If police were involved, most likely there would be a report reflecting the theft accusation. Generally, gas stations are equipped with surveillance videos and most likely police will view and get a copy as evidence.

It would be a good idea to involve an...
View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for California on
Q: my boyfriend was arrested for DV. Back in June 2015. If there is no evidence against him can it be dismissed?

I was the victim.however he was arrested because there was a witness stating she seen "my boyfriend push me down the stairs" that was a not true....let me just add I have tried to talk to the DA and the Public Defender to have this case dismissed.. However the DA won't let it go even... View More

Sholeh Iravantchi
Sholeh Iravantchi
answered on Mar 7, 2016

In response to your question, if there was a witness, then it is considered an evidence. However, after he was arrested, the police will send the report to DA for their review. Then they will decide if there is a case to be filed against him or not. At this point, if no charges are brought against... View More

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.