Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Josh A. Eason
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Arkansas on
Q: if my ex, who lives in Texas, has recently had her children(with her now husband) taken away because she and her 2yr old

tested positve for meth do i have to send my daughter that she has weekend visitation with to her house or is that grounds for an emergency hearing?

Josh A. Eason
Josh A. Eason
answered on Nov 10, 2020

This would be time to file for an ex parte emergency custody petition. You will need to list out all of the information you have as to why this is an emergency in your petition. Meth use will most likely be enough. However, if you can get a copy of the child protective services information, it... View More

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for Arkansas on
Q: Does my 13 year old have to go to her dads if its court ordered and she doesn't wanna go?
Josh A. Eason
Josh A. Eason
answered on Nov 5, 2020

Yes. Children do not get to decide if they want to go to the other parents residence or not. If there is something going on at Dad's house that is unsafe, abusive, or puts her in danger, then you can petition the court for a change in custody (and if it is extreme, then an emergency custody... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Arkansas on
Q: Can a Grandparent keep their grandchild from her mother without a court order?

My 21 year old daughter has a 7 month old baby. My daughter has been battling with drug addiction on and off for about 5 yrs. Recently she dropped her baby off at her fathers house to stay for a few days. When she returned to pick her baby up her father refused to let her have her baby. He says he... View More

Josh A. Eason
Josh A. Eason
answered on Oct 7, 2020

If your daughter was never married to the father and he has never been adjudicated the father by the Court then no. However, he can petition the court for paternity and custody. The father can also file an ex parte emergency custody petition with his paternity action to get immediate custody if the... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.