Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Chaille Walraven
2 Answers | Asked in Energy, Oil and Gas for Oklahoma on
Q: It has been 9 months since first production. How do I get the oil company, Red Wolf, to pay the 12% late fee?

Do they pay 12% for the nine months or only the 3 overdue months? They were trying to use an old title that was not current. I consider this their responsibility to have the correct title as it is easily available. Is this correct? This is for 6 new wells. I am still waiting on my first check.

Chaille Walraven
Chaille Walraven
answered on May 11, 2020

In Oklahoma, operators are required to remit payment within six months from the date of the first sale of production. Failure to do so can trigger late interest payments pursuant to 52 Okla. Stat. § 570.10. You are correct that if you have marketable title, you are entitled to 12% interest on late... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Energy, Oil and Gas for Oklahoma on
Q: MY brothers who were executor and co-executor of my mother will will not sign over my part of the mineral rights and

oil leases. it has gone through the courts and the judge has signed off on it. they have 4 years of money from one of the leases. I cant it them to answer my calls or sign anything over or even give me the name of the oil companys. do I need a lawyer ?

Chaille Walraven
Chaille Walraven
answered on Mar 12, 2020

As a general rule, at the completion of a probate proceeding in Oklahoma the district court will enter an order that all assets remaining in the estate be distributed to the heirs-at-law if there is no will or to the legatees/devisees if there is a will. If there was a probate proceeding you should... View More

2 Answers | Asked in Estate Planning and Probate for Oklahoma on
Q: My mother died almost 2 years ago she had transfer upon death deed naming me the only child as her benafiary..How do I

How do I put the house in my name

Chaille Walraven
Chaille Walraven
answered on Feb 21, 2020

If your mother executed a deed in conformance with the Non-Testamentary Transfer of Property Act (commonly referred to as a Transfer on Death Deed) naming you as the beneficiary, you are required to record an affidavit of acceptance within 9 months from the date of your mother's death. If an... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.