Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Nima Sabeti
1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for California on
Q: How does unmarried man establish paternity of biological child when biological mother is married to another man in Cali.

The biological father wants to have his name on the birth cert. of his child. He was unable to do so when she was born because the biological mom was (is) married. Living together as a family with no plans of separation.

Nima Sabeti
Nima Sabeti answered on Aug 22, 2020

There are forms that must be completed and submitted to the proper family law court. The name of the main form is FL-200. There must also be proper filing and service of the summons.

Good luck

Nima Sabeti | Attorney at law

Sabeti Law & Associates

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California on
Q: Hello can you tell how I do a emergency file the dad has my son but they re homeless my son is currently here with me

It’s a lot of things that’s going on

Nima Sabeti
Nima Sabeti answered on Jul 26, 2020

Generally, if I am understanding your situation you may need to ask the court for an ex parte custody order. If you are in California the form is fl-300. Again, you have not been clear as to your situation. Nothing I am telling you is intended to be legal advice. You may need to talk to a family... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law for California on
Q: Can an ex-spouse gets child support increased based on the current spouse income if it increased significantly.

The ex husband income has decreased significantly and the child support dropped accordingly, the current spouse has the potential to make significant amount of money through her business and a business lawsuit settlement soon. In California

Nima Sabeti
Nima Sabeti answered on Jul 24, 2020

I would need more detail. However, generally, you need to show change in circumstances. This can be shown by increase/decrease in income or increase/decrease in need for child support. I would suggest talking to a family attorney to determine all the factors will be considered by the court.... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for California on
Q: can my husband keep our refund and not let me have any?

My husband and I file married joint I am a teacher he owns his own business. He was able to write off a lot so we ended up getting lots of money back. He had the money out into his business account without consulting me. Now hat the money is in he says it is not mine it’s his bc he wrote off so... Read more »

Nima Sabeti
Nima Sabeti answered on Jul 18, 2020

Generally, if you filed jointly you should have access to the taxes. As far as family law goes, part of your answer depends on if you are separated or in process of divorce. You may be able to get reimbursed for your share of the money. I would need more detail to precisely answer your question.... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law for California on
Q: I have filed for conservatorship of My disabled brother. Inland regional center is fighting it. Why isn’t family better?

He is currently in a adult care home, developmentally disables, he is a client of inland regional center, they are saying that they take good care of him and a conservator is not needed. Isn’t family a better option than being a ward of the county?

Nima Sabeti
Nima Sabeti answered on Jul 3, 2020

Not necessarily. In cases of development disability the regional center may be legally required to make a recommendation as to conservatorship. You may want to speak with a lawyer to determine how you can get conservatorship of your brother.


Nima Sabeti | Attorney

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law and Child Custody for California on
Q: Can I move to another county within California if I have full custody/ shared legal? court doc say nothing about moving.

Old court docs say visitation every other weekend which I will keep available but has changed since CPS involvement on NCP side. Recent disomaster states NCP at 1% visitation time. The move is about 7 counties away. Child is 16 years old and living with father is legally not an option since CPS... Read more »

Nima Sabeti
Nima Sabeti answered on Jul 2, 2020

The answer depends on the current court order. If there is no court order that limits you from moving with your child then you can move. However, I recommend that you ask the court for permission just in case the move impacts the other parents visitation. Please review the court order and... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.