Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Adele Schneidereit
3 Answers | Asked in Consumer Law and Bankruptcy for California on
Q: Hello my name is Salvador I recently got a paper at my job’s HR office that some company is trying to garnish my wages,

But I’ve never received a letter or any paperwork,and they said I didn’t showed up at court, so I’m asking for professional advise , they said that they served me a letter but I haven’t received anything, nor anyone at my house have seen anything like that,

Adele Schneidereit
Adele Schneidereit pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Nov 22, 2022

Hello Salvador,

Filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy and notification of that to the Sheriff will stop any garnishments. Often that is the best course of action.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.