Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Mitchell John Howie
2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Juvenile Law for Alabama on
Q: I've recently been served a Paternity/CS summons. I'm willing to pay CS,can I avoid court, testing and visitation?

Willing to provide honest income info, but do not desire visitation or parental rights. I also do not wish to contact the other parent or appear in court. Is there a legal way to do this, such as voluntary child support?

Mitchell John Howie
Mitchell John Howie
answered on May 8, 2020

You will need to contact an experienced family law attorney in your jurisdiction to address the specifics of your question. However, generally you can certainly agree to pay a certain amount of child support and not pursue your visitation rights. You are going to have to respond to the summons... View More

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.