Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Philip Allan Logan Esq

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Ohio on

Q: How do I turn in my husband for bigamy and can I sue him in the divorce?

My husband married me in kentucky in 2013. He left to Kansas and remarried in 2016 after years of me begging him for a divorce. He's committing bigamy and I want a divorce.

Philip Allan Logan Esq answered on Jul 23, 2019

You can obtain a divorce in Ohio on several grounds. You dont need to prove bigamy. If you want him arrested is up to you, but you should hire an Ohio attorney to get your divorce moving.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Ohio on

Q: I have to fill out an affidavit of income for my dissalusion but I have no income. How am I supposed to prove that?

Philip Allan Logan Esq answered on May 31, 2019

The forms are required, simple indicate that you are unemployed and received no wages. There may be aplace on the forms to list other forms of income such as unemployment, SS disability, etc.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Family Law for Ohio on

Q: how can I keep my house in a divorce?

We have 3 minor children together and he has a 15 year old son and an adult daughter that lives with us. We are both listed as owners of our house I would like to keep custody of the children and the house what can I do

Philip Allan Logan Esq answered on May 16, 2019

This is what courts are for if you and he cant agree. Usually the court would allow a mother with minor children to reside in the home and give her 3-5 to refinance or pay her ex his half of the equity. You need to hire and discuss this with an attorney.

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Ohio on

Q: I want to get a divorce from my wife we have no kids no marital assets and been separated for almost two years

Philip Allan Logan Esq answered on May 13, 2019

What you didnt say in your question is how long youve been married and lived together. You could stillhave marital assests to divide such a retirment benefits. Unless youve only been married a very short time, I always recommend people spend the money and hire an attorney and do it right. If you... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Ohio on

Q: I have a couple of questions about getting a divorce. Bo I have not filed yet. I do not want anything from him.

We will not have anything to disagree about. He's lived with his girlfriend since October. I'm trying to see what options I have and the quickest and cheapest way to go. We've been married since 3/17/2002

Philip Allan Logan Esq answered on May 8, 2019

You may be able to obtain a quick dissolution, but that will still take at least 45 days and require his complete cooperation. Most attorneys could handle you case with a low fee, but we cant always control how the other side reacts. People can fight over anything. You need to consult with a... Read more »

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Divorce for Ohio on

Q: My ex filed to terminate spousal support, I'm trying to find out if there is a way to keep the original agreement.

In our dissolution it says that he has the right to file for termination of support in the event there is cohabitation. Both my ex husband and I are in new relationships, and I did move into the same house my partner lives in, however we do not pool finances or pay each others bills. We each... Read more »

Philip Allan Logan Esq answered on Apr 29, 2019

At the very least you should have a face to face conference with an attorney. You should be able to find someone to do it for a nominal expense. You appear to be cohabitiatin and should have expected this to happeen. You are sharing overhead and living expenses, but I'd have to read your decree to... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Ohio on

Q: I own property acquired before my marriage -thus separate property. What do I put on separation agreement?

Supreme Court of Ohio

Uniform Domestic Relations Form – 16


Approved under Ohio Civil Rule 84

Amended: March 15, 2016

Which of the following options do I check?

1) The parties do not own any real estate.

2) Marital real... Read more »

Philip Allan Logan Esq answered on Apr 17, 2019

As to the choices your given, I'd pick #2, but you need to specifiy that it is premarital and separate property belonging to one of you. "Filling in the blanks" is not the best way of drafting a complete and thorough separation agreement. You really should retain an attorney to represent you or... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Ohio on

Q: Ex showed statement for lesser amount because he failed to say he took $34K from 401K / IRA during divorce. What to d

We kind of knew he took some money out and bought daughter a $9K car, but did not say he took out an extra $25K for himself.

Found out after divorce was final but still processing QUDRO and that is where I seen he had a subtraction. Shouldn't half of that be mine ?

Philip Allan Logan Esq answered on Apr 4, 2019

He should have disclosed all assets. You might have a claim. Bring this to the attention of your attorney to determine if you need to repopen case or try to negotiate a better result.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Family Law for Ohio on

Q: Can I file a motion or modification

So I'mma the defendant in the middle of a divorce im also pro se. We have recently had our case management conference.

During court we realized that the plaintiff had not fully turned in her answers to my interrogatories so the judge extended her due date for 3 more days making it March... Read more »

Philip Allan Logan Esq answered on Apr 1, 2019

Filing anything and getting a hearing would take much longer than a week, so you probably should give her another week. However, do it in writing and ask for a written acknowledgement and agreement. If she doesnt comply your remedy is not contempt, but a motion to compel and for fees if you had... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.