Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Ken Chan
1 Answer | Asked in Gov & Administrative Law for Washington on
Q: When was Washington State's RCW 48.17.597 first initiated into law and when was it revised?
Ken Chan
Ken Chan answered on Mar 17, 2017

Passed in 2007 with an effective date of July 1, 2009. See

2 Answers | Asked in Securities Law for California on
Q: How do I find out if any lawsuits have been filed against Sonoma Ridge Capital LLC in Sonoma County CA
Ken Chan
Ken Chan answered on Apr 30, 2014

The Superior Court of California for the County of Sonoma is located at Hall of Justice, 600 Administration Drive, Room 107J, Santa Rosa, CA. The court has public access information terminals for researching cases.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Collections for Pennsylvania on
Q: My nephew stole my credit card, and charged over $3,337 in my name (I can't say what he bought). He hurt my credit.

Will the credit card company have to excuse my not paying for what he stole and charged?

Ken Chan
Ken Chan answered on Nov 22, 2010

Your situation may be covered by the Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA). The Federal Trade Commission has an informational web page explaining your rights under the FCBA and how to avail yourself to the consumer protections under the Act when you have a disputed credit card... Read more »

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.