Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Colleen Kasperek

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Gov & Administrative Law and Legal Malpractice for Florida on

Q: Please google Michael Dowd vs Palm Beach Florida et al

Pubilc Defender utters forged Probable Cause Affidavits. Palm Beach County Clerk of court removed filed p.c. affidavit and replaced with a forgery.

Colleen Kasperek answered on Aug 18, 2019

Public Defender's do NOT file Probable Cause Affidavits! Law enforcement and the State Attorney's office does! And they can be modified if an error was made.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Florida on

Q: Can a failed urinalysis for mdma/methamphetamine cause me to be charged for possession and attempt to destribute

I was discharged from the military with a other than honorable for misconduct and a couple of days before being discharged I was taken to C.I.D on post and told that I needed to sign documentation to speed up my discharge. When I arrived my fingerprints were taken and they took what seemed like... Read more »

Colleen Kasperek answered on Aug 1, 2019

I changed the subject area to Military Law since it can be very different from civilian law.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Florida on

Q: If the offender dies, does his lawyer release him from restitution? If so, what forms need to be filed?

Colleen Kasperek answered on Jul 27, 2019

It would not be the job of the lawyer who represented the Defendant to do anything. It would be up to the recipient of the restitution to file a claim for the unpaid amount against the Defendant's estate.

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on

Q: Is it a criminal offence in Florida to keep someone else's dog without their permission?

My wife gave my dog to someone to care for it while I was sick and now he wont give it back - I have ownership papers so can I file a police report as I feel he has stolen my dog?

Colleen Kasperek answered on Jul 25, 2019

Yes, you can. Is the reason the person is keeping your dog that he or she provided kennel services or medical care? If so, that person can file a claim against you in small claims or circuit court. Still, he or she cannot keep your dog as security against these debts, unless you or your wife, as... Read more »

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on

Q: My friend was pulled over with an ounce of marijuana and $30,000 cash. He lives in Florida. It’s his first offense.

Colleen Kasperek answered on Jul 12, 2019

Whoa! $30,000! Law enforcement is going to seize that $$ since drugs were on the scene. Like attorney Kollin said, he needs an attorney, NOW!

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on

Q: I’ve been on probation for two years now on termination process I have been waiting 3 weeks still no news that I’m off

I’ve been on probation for two years I’ve completed everything to complete probation my probation officer has put me on termination and I’ve been waiting for 3 weeks what is going on very confused

Colleen Kasperek answered on Jul 9, 2019

Patience is a virtue here! I suggest that you contact your P.O. and be VERY POLITE! Ask for the status. Your P.O. may have submitted the paperwork to the Judge and is waiting on the Judge to sign it. You can also check online at your County's Clerk of Court website, searching under your name or... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Florida on

Q: Is it qualified for stalking charges to knock on your girlfriends window around 2:30 AM, to give a notebook.

I am 18, she is 17, her parents verbally threatened, and told me its stalking. Is that true? They said I cannot enter there neighborhood after dark either.

Colleen Kasperek answered on Jul 9, 2019

Not quite! There is more to stalking than one late night trespass. Here is some text from the statute (784.048):

... to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose. ... So, one...
Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.