Ask a Question

Get free answers to your legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Questions Answered by Gregory Edward Glass
1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Tennessee on
Q: I got a ticket for going 82 through a work zone and I am an out of state driver. How do I avoid a fine?

Im not sure if it matters, but noone was working in the area I was caught in.

Gregory Edward Glass
Gregory Edward Glass
answered on Apr 26, 2017

You need to be sure to retain an attorney ASAP and/or appear (if necessary) at the court date and contest the ticket. If you just pay the ticket, it will be considered a guilty plea and you will receive all related points on your driving record.

1 Answer | Asked in Appeals / Appellate Law and Contracts for Tennessee on
Q: I am trying to figure out how to appeal a trial court in general sessions to circuit court

The court was in mcnairy county tn and was about money owed to me for work i completed i didnt get as much as i feel i should have

Gregory Edward Glass
Gregory Edward Glass
answered on Apr 26, 2017

You may file an appeal from General Sessions Court to Circuit Court as long as the appeal is filed within ten (10) days of the entry of the judgment or disposition of the case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.