Q: Im having issuese with pay and placement with the security company called securitas in los angeles

My paychecks are short , missing or different pay rate. Also i was promise a bouns ... i now have no work beside i believe i asked about my bouns. Hr and their scheduling are no help, they just sent me in circles.

2 Lawyer Answers

Ronald Mahurin

  • Workers' Compensation Lawyer
  • Point Arena, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Unfortunately this is not a workers comp question. I tried to find a way to flag the questions, but there were no options. You need to post in employment law. There is no remedy in workers comp. for what you have described.

Louis George Fazzi

  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need to file a claim with the Labor Commissioner. Copy and paste this link: https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileWageClaim.htm

You can report all your issues to the Labor Commissioner, and their office will handle everything for you. In addition, you can contact an experienced lawyer who knows how to handle Labor Commissioner claims and cases. The labor laws are enforced by the Labor Commissioner, and they will compel the employer to pay you every penny you have not received.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.