Apopka, FL asked in Employment Law, Federal Crimes, Tax Law and Antitrust for Texas

Q: Who can enforce theft by an employer of employee withholdings and deductions?

This is not an isolated incident this is I believe, all employees over 5 years and at one point there was over a hundred employees. He has deducted for taxes Medicare social security child support none of which has ever been submitted to any of their respective places. I am still suffering behind this as are many other former employees. who can do something? I went to cash a check two weeks ago and the establishment kept my check, every penny of it stating that in 2014 one of my payroll checks was not good that the employer put a stop payment on it and because of that, they kept my check 5 years later! My social security statement never shows my employment there. I have nothing contributed during those years nor does anyone else. My child support that was withheld from my paychecks never made it to the child support division! who can enforce that? I'm having to pay it again. I am not alone in this there are others that are looking at Court proceedings. How can this be ignored? HELP

1 Lawyer Answer

A: If any of these allegations are true you should report everything you know to the federal authorities responsible for maintaining these financial records; state with the Social Security Administration and the IRS.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.