Lufkin, TX asked in Federal Crimes, Family Law, Civil Rights and Juvenile Law for Texas

Q: cps lied in affidavit, lied on the notice of removal, attorney isnt responding to my calls, false drug test ? what to do

allegation were physical abuse, in which in the affidavit my child stated to not be true, presumptive marijuana test when i delivered my child but my baby passed all testing for drugs and mental issues but i was reported by a mental dr that i didnt qualify for mental services. the judge who signed the court order has never been identified in any of my court dates so i dont even know who he or she is who signed it. i need help because now they are saying i have meth in my system or in my hair follicles by being exposed to someone doing drugs. they are submitting my testing with a dr who is under investigation for a felony !! please help as soon as you can

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: We hear these kinds of pleas for help far too often in Texas due to the nature of our system. I won't go into all the systemic problems which contribute to the CPS nightmare which you find yourself in. The good news is this: there is help out there. The bad news is this: the help you need is in the shape of a new lawyer to help you with your case. There's no such thing as a shortcut to victory. And there's no magic spell which will end your nightmare.

The only way to get a good result is to get yourself a new attorney and be patient with them while they educate themselves with the facts of the case. You end your submission by requesting "please help as soon as you can? Who are you talking to when you ask this? This website is for people to ask legal questions which lawyers try to answer. No one here is going to help you because there literally is no one here to help you.

Getting a good result in a complicated and difficult case like yours takes a lot of work, most of which you have to do yourself. Get a new lawyer to help you if your present attorney is unable or unwilling to do so. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.