San Jose, CA asked in Domestic Violence, Criminal Law, Divorce and Civil Rights for California

Q: I want to know what I need to do when I have been wrongfully convicted of domestic violence,& want it overturned/reverse

I have wife who has & is still lying saying that I've done horrible things to her, where when I have literally done not even one single thing to her at all & I feel all the way helpless with the despair of not be able to defend myself from such a terrible unthinkable & most terrifying way to live/dangerous/place to end up(prison) I'm afraid, time is of the essence please help!

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Abrams
Joseph Abrams
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Anaheim, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you have been "wrongly convicted" I have to assume you had a trial or the opportunity to reach a plea deal. As such, you should ask your attorney in the case what your appeal options are, or otherwise consult with an experienced criminal appellate attorney.

- Law Office of Joseph Abrams, Anaheim, CA

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.