Owasso, OK asked in Bankruptcy, Health Care Law, Small Claims and Collections for Oklahoma

Q: im being sued by a hospital for not paying back a debt that i have partially paid back. it says i need to write a letter

i tried using the Solo suit but my petition seems different that what its asking. can anyone help me?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: This is something that an Oklahoma attorney is best suited to advise on, but your question remains open for four weeks. If this is something in the lawsuit stage, an ordinary letter might not suffice as a response. There could be more formal legal responses needed. Unfortunately, it's difficult to say without seeing the paperwork you received. If you could consult with an attorney briefly, they might be able to tell you what your options are and whether this is something you might be able to handle yourself, or whether you would be better off with an attorney. If the matter has placed you in financial difficulty, you could look into whether pro bono or legal aid resources are available to you. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.