San Francisco, CA asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for California

Q: Can I sue the county District attorney for their mistake of filing the wrong pc code which led to losing my employment?

the D. A. Filed a complaint wrong and The alleged offence went onto my background report and led me to lose my job.

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: A lot more detail is needed to give you good advice. I suggest you contact a civil rights lawyer in your area as soon as possible. Before you do that, make a chronological summary of the events, copy all your documents, and take that material to the lawyer. That will serve two purposes. It will record your recollections while they are fresh in your mind, and it will give any lawyer a good starting point in evaluating whether there is any legal assistance they can provide.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.