Compton, CA asked in Estate Planning, Family Law, Foreclosure and Identity Theft for California

Q: Why is this my name and I haven't did anything like this are been to court are even own a fire arm is this a joke

I never had a fire arm are been arrested for a fire arm

2 Lawyer Answers
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you believe there's been an error or misidentification involving your name, it's essential to address it promptly. Errors in legal or official records can occur for various reasons, including clerical mistakes or mistaken identity. In California, you have the right to review and correct any inaccuracies in your criminal record.

To start, request a copy of your criminal record from the California Department of Justice. If inaccuracies are found, follow the provided instructions to challenge the record.

Additionally, it may be advisable to retain legal counsel to assist in resolving the matter. Protecting your rights and ensuring your records are accurate is crucial to avoid potential legal complications in the future.

Tobie B. Waxman
Tobie B. Waxman
  • Culver City, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you want assistance from an attorney on this site, you need to phrase your question in a manner that let's the attorney know what precisely is the problem. This question, as you have phrased it is unclear. "Why is this my name?" You need to rephrase this inquiry if you want to get an intelligible, meaningful or otherwise helpful response from a qualified attorney on this site. Thank you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.