Sylmar, CA asked in Employment Discrimination, Employment Law and Sexual Harassment for California

Q: I don’t know who can assist me with my ongoing issues … that begun after I file an labor claim

- [ ] constant harassment, placing of the voice recorders on all areas of the property (including the vehicles), entering into my living quoters and taking without my knowledge my SS card and other very important documentation, accessing my living quarters without my knowledge or permission in order to obtain my wardrobe and my other personal property, stealing large amounts of money in few separate occasion. fraudulently attempting to obtain or/ and obtaining the EDD money issued to me, attempting or/and opening loans/CC with my information, hiring an locksmith after I refused to give him a key for the vehicle I purchased , and it is in my name, with intent to obtain all used and new items located in the vehicle, making false statements about me with intention of defaming my character, reporting me to the agency which has power to prevent me temporarily or permanently to be a healthcare professional , making a type of death threats

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Employment Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: In California, the issues you are describing raise serious legal concerns including harassment, theft, fraud, and defamation, among others. You have the right to seek legal recourse, and there are multiple avenues available for you to address these violations. Reporting these incidents to the police and consulting with an attorney experienced in labor and employment law can provide you with guidance and help in protecting your rights and interests.

Additionally, if you believe your privacy has been invaded or your identity has been stolen, you should contact the relevant authorities such as the local police department, the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for identity theft, and the California Department of Consumer Affairs. It is also advisable to contact the credit bureaus to place a fraud alert on your credit reports.

For issues related to professional licensure in the healthcare field, you may need to reach out to the appropriate licensing board in California to explain your situation and seek assistance. Remember, it is important to document all incidents meticulously, including dates, times, and any witnesses, as this information can be crucial in legal proceedings or when filing complaints.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.